Saturday, April 23, 2011

Shameless Promotion





I am going to take this opportunity to do something entirely selfish with this blog. If many people take my suggestion, they and their friends may spend an enjoyable hour or two, but honestly, my motive is self-promoting. Please forgive me if I am violating the non-commercial nature of the blogoshpere, but if we are not free to do something harmlessly personal, we are not truly free, are we.


Many of you know I published a novel several years ago, but had no success finding a major house to market it for me. Everyone who has reported reading it has told me they enjoyed it. They may have simply been being nice to me, but I don't think so because so many of my friends have been perfectly willing to tell me what a jerk I can be, so I suspect my novel may actually be a good read.

My novel defies exact description. It is an action, romance, fantasy, historical story about a Biblical character who has always fascinated me. (Actually, many Bible characters fascinate me.) Imagine how busy the host of heaven must have been when God chose a simple man to build an escape vehicle for the salvation of the human race. Wings of Mentridar follows the human and the angelic stories as they intertwine in this cosmic struggle. The search for and protection of wives for the chosen one’s sons provide drama and adventure, while the race to get the ark done and all aboard before the rain begins brings a compelling sense of urgency.

I have tried not to imagine anything which the Bible narrative would exclude as impossible, but naturally, to tell a novel length story about Noah, I had to do considerable inventing. Then there is the part about the angels. I often wonder what they do all day long as our helpers in another dimension. This is where the real fantasy comes in. If you know me at all, you know I have a pretty wild imagination; I put it to good use dreaming up activities and weapons and such for the angelic host to occupy themselves. If you know Frank Peretti's Darkness series, it is something like that, only not as scary.

So here is my shamelessly personal "friend request." Buy a copy of Wings of Mentridar and read it. Then tell me what you think. Better yet, post a comment on Amazon.com. If is is any good, encourage your friends to buy it too. It can be found in Muskegon at Hages for a discount price. It is available from Amazon.com or CBD in their discounted marketplace. I have a few copies left I can hand deliver for ten bucks or ship for fourteen.

I am not being entirely mercenary, honestly. People have found Wings to be an uplifting and encouraging read. My goal in writing it was to introduce people to the fact that God is working in our lives every day in ways we cannot imagine -- except I tried to imagine in Noah's case. There is a "message" to be found in the story. I have been frustrated that the message is not getting shared. I am shamelessly asking for your help. End of line.

No comments:

Post a Comment