Friday, December 14, 2018

I Asked God

I asked for relief from pain, and God said, “I allow the pain so that you will lean closer to me.”

I asked for protection from loss, and God said, “I allow loss so that you will understand how I feel when a lost soul slips into eternity.”

I asked for my desires, and God said, “I provide for your needs; I allow your desires to be unfulfilled so that you might pray more earnestly for the truly needy.”

I asked for prosperity, and God said, “Learn to be content with what you have, and you will come to know true prosperity in your soul.”

I asked how to love my enemies, and God said, “Love them as I do, and forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

I asked for peace on earth, and God said, “As much as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.”

I asked why bad things happen, and God said, “Don’t concern yourself with “why” questions; ask “what” questions: what can I learn; what can I do to help; what have I done to stop this?

I asked to know the purpose of my life, and God said, “Live justly, love kindness, and walk humbly in my presence.”

I asked God to change the troublesome people around me, and God said, “You need to change how you see them and love them as I do.”

I asked God to come closer to me, and God said, “If I seem distant, it is not I who moved away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment