Saturday, July 24, 2021

Delightful Garden of Encouraging Words

I am fairly certain that the administrators of the popular platforms we all know are using automated discovery methods to uncover specific words that may signal views that are contrary to those of the ruling class. Said administrators have admitted publicly that they monitor publications by their users to seek out contrary views. They then either make them go away or place addenda to the contrary publications guiding readers to articles which support the ruling class’ view. I have seen this done to my publications in the past, so I don’t doubt it happens often. For this reason, I am using arcane and unusual language to make a point here.

For over ten years, I have published my views on a platform provided by the popular Internet giant whose name begins with “G.” My only distribution point has been another popular place that begins with the letter “F.” For years, I had a small but steady readership number until the present social condition that has plagued most of the world since early in 2020. Since then, the number of hits I have experienced on the publication site has fallen dramatically. Suspecting some kind of sensoring [sic], I tried an experiment. I am now emailing a link to folks on my contacts list when I publish a new article. Perhaps it should be no surprise that my readership has soared past the previous average. (I would happily add you to that list if you wish to contact me.)

Now to the point of this clandestine epistle. A couple weeks ago, I wrote on the “F” place that recent incidents of the scurrilous infirmity we all know about were increasing. I made remarks contrary to the ruling class’s view about the spike in incidents. The administrators of the “F” place added a box to my post directing readers to a site that offered information in line with the ruling class. I only discovered this because readers had published comments which caused my original post to reappear on my wall. All this got me wondering how a person is going to get knowledge that does not align exclusively to one point of view.

A TV show that is unpopular with the ruling class (host’s initials are TC) recently aired a segment with the co-founder of Wikipedia. The founder revealed that Wikipedia is the number one resource used in educational institutions across the country. He went on to state that because Wikipedia allows articles and edits to be placed by anyone without concern for peer review or even truthfulness, the site has become a tool in the hands of the ruling class, much as the various other popular outlets that people use. In a previous century, we saw Germany and the USSR do this type of thing to control what the public was able to see and know. The founder expressed his shame at this. This is troubling to me as well.

I began to wonder if it is even possible to discover things that are true anymore. It may be. When I was teaching college writing, my main purpose was to force my students to think for themselves and to ferret out the most reliable information possible. I did not allow them to cite Wikipedia in any paper, but I recommended that they use Wikipedia as a tool to uncover original material. Wikipedia often has footnotes that refer to the sources they used to compile their article. I recommended that my students follow the links to those background sources to seek a legitimate expert. It is not foolproof, I know, but it makes a searcher look harder than simply at whatever appears on the surface.

I am going to recommend this same technique to my readers who wish to be better informed than they would be if all they read/watch is the info-ganda of the ruling class. Go ahead and do what millions of people worldwide now do to look for information about anything: use the investigative utility that starts with the letter “G.” The administrators of that popular utility have admitted publicly that they push ruling class views to the top of their list of responses. Views contrary to the ruling class are often completely erased from the record as we have seen recently when our President was not allowed to use several popular platforms.

If you are interested in digging down to the level of knowledgeable experts on a subject, you could try going far down from the top of the list of responses originally provided, or you can read the ruling class articles that rise to the top of the list and see who they are talking about. It may be that you will find references to statements or opinions contrary to the ruling class’ view that you can search for independently. For example, if the ruling class’ article says Mr. So-and-so said this or that, you may be able to locate the original source Mr. So-and-so used. It is likely that if the ruling class disagrees with him, you will find his comments on a site that disagrees with the ruling class. This gives you the opportunity to judge for yourself which view you wish to adopt as your own.

My efforts here may be a complete waste of time because I have previously said so many things that are contrary to the ruling class’ opinions that my IP address and my name may already be on a list for review. I know that at some locations, the equipment that allows Internet access has flagged my blog as suspect, and it will not allow a user to access the blog. This is troubling to me because it clearly violates my rights as granted by the first statement of rights that the men writing in 1789 placed after our governing document. I hope this effort is successful because a democracy cannot run if the people don’t know the things that the experts know about important issues. I wish you success as you seek your own delightful garden of words.

(This has been a test. If this is a real emergency you will have been directed to a safe place where opinions of the ruling class are not challenged.)

No comments:

Post a Comment